Friday, December 2, 2011

How can I do better in triple jump?

I'm 14, and my PB is 9.75 metres. (about 32 feet.) I really, really want to reach 10 metres, and if I could hit 10.50 that would be amazing (but probably not going to happen.) I have a conference next week, is there any possible way I can add that extra 25cm (10 inches) within that time?


Thanks for the help :)|||That is not much farther in the triple jump.


Usually almost all triple jumpers go too far and too high in the first phase, each phase should be about the same distance.


Have someone watch your jumps, normally the second phase is the shortest phase, because the first is too long and you don't have any spring or forward motion when you land.


Practice shortening the first phase, and stay lower.


This will allow you to run off of the second phase rather than collapsing, and not having any power in the second take off.


You should be getting about 10 to 11 feet on the first phase and about the same on the second phase.


If you are getting 12 or even 13 feet on the first phase then practice getting 11 on the first and 11 on the second.


Just remember that you are running off the second phase, you can not land, then jump again for your second phase and third phase.

No comments:

Post a Comment