Friday, December 2, 2011

Triple Jump Help for a Jr In high school?

This is my second yr in track and i am a jr. Last yr coach threw me into triple jumping at a meet and i jumped a 29 ft without practice and I found out I liked it. I would like to be jumping 36-40 this yr. I think my biggest problem is my second phase|||Most people have a short second phase, because the first phase is too long.


If you try to control the first phase, don't go too long or too high then the second phase will be better.


It is also important to run off each landing, do not go too high, collapse, then try to jump again.


It is better to use a running motion to keep your momentum moving forward.


Place markers on the track or runway and do drills to improve your phases and the transition.|||... and your question is what? if you want to know how to jump farther, you have to be able to have a balance between speed and power. you dont want to go to fast because you need height. but you dont want too much height or power because youll be slow. as for your phases, once you get a good balance between how fast you go in your jump and how much power and height you generate, your phases take care of themselves. of course you have to know the basics like dont look down, chest up-knees up, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment