Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Can I use mid distance spikes for the triple jump?

I've been using sprinting spikes but since the TJ uses the heel, I want to know if those sprinting shoes are alright still.|||If your school/division allows it then you can use sprinting spikes, but personally I wouldn't.


Like you said, the TJ uses the heel, but sprinting spikes are designed to keep you on the balls of your feet [toe and heel up] so they won't help you too much. Since I'm not a serious long jumper or triple jumper I use nike distance spikes from cross country whenever I long jump, and they're fine. But if TJ is something more serious to you then you should invest in a pair of jumping spikes:


http://www.firsttothefinish.com/items.as鈥?/a>


Best of luck in Track and Field!

No comments:

Post a Comment