Wednesday, November 30, 2011

How to further my Triple Jump?

I'm a Junior in High School and my current PR is 43'9". I don't get the opportunity to work in practice as much as I would like, due to other events (high jump, 300m hurdles, 4x4). This has looked to be my most promising event this year, and I would like to gain another foot by state (May 29th) Any suggestions welcomed and appreciated!|||You sound like you're doing a lot of stuff right already.





Perhaps at home you could work on your core strength, and work on some plyometrics. Both of those things will help make you steady and strong, and allow you to hold your positions during each of the jumping movements, and also to allow you to have better body control on that last jump into the pit. Also, you may want to work on your sprints. While 300m and the 400 are sprints, they're longer sprints--the triple jump approach is much, much shorter than those. You need to be explosive and fast.





So: sprints (100m or less), core work out, plyometric work out.





Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment