Thursday, November 24, 2011

How do i make my 2nd hop for triple jump better?

I have a pretty good 1st jump, but when i come down for the 2nd i dont know what the problem is but i cant seem to keep momentum or something and my 2nd is only about 4 or 5 feet. are there any ways to improve this?|||Most triple jumpers have a short second phase because the first phase is too long, and they jump too high.


The take off for the second phase is more a running motion than a jumping motion, you must be able to carry your momentum through each phase.


If your second phase is too short you probably are going too far on the first phase.


Each phase should be almost the same distance, so you can practice staying under control and limiting the length and height of the first phase.|||actually, surprisingly, you can really improve the take off of your 2nd jump by strengthening your arms and ankles. I know it sounds crazy, but i jumped a 6 and then worked on my arms and ankles and now i jump a 7 1/3|||lift your knees up higher ! trust me the first time i tried triple jump i jumped 20 ft :p but then my coach told me to lift my knees like a "fairy" ... you can use hula-hoops to help you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment