Saturday, November 19, 2011

How do I add distance to my triple jump?

I am a junior in high school and I have done the triple jump of total of 3 times (3 jumps). Of the three jumps my personal best was 38-4. I have conferences and counties coming up this week and next week and I am wondering what training and tips ya'll have to getting my distance at least 3 feet further.|||Hey dude, I triple jump too! But im only a freshman


Iokay, so our team as only had 3 meets all season, and my best TJ was 40"5'


Personally, I was freaking out (cuz that is my PR now)


but the 2 meets before that i flat lined at 38', where you are now


All I did differently to add that couple of feet was lean forward during the step (2nd jump)


It was kind of weird, but it helped a lot


If you want ACTUAL advice, you could do what my coach does


he says that ur 1st jump should be 35%, 2nd should be 30% and 3rd jump 35%


He said my problem was jumping TOO far on my first jump (yes, he said TOO far)


He said If i shortened my first jump a little, I would be able to BEAST on the step


Its kinda ironic to think jumping too far hurts you, but after i tried it, it really worked!


Hope I helped! =]

No comments:

Post a Comment